Our FCAWM Newsletter is published twice a year, usually in late spring and in the fall. Members receive it by mail or email. You may download copies of recent newsletters (pdf format) from these links:
Note: these large files (pdf format) may take a little time to download and open. If you need to download Adobe Reader (free software for reading pdf files), click here.
See also summaries below.
NEW Spring 2015 Newsletter Content Includes:
- Public invitation to comment June 16 on revision of MA regulations governing funeral directors
- Profiles of two new Trustees
- Summary of last fall's program: Choices in After-Death care
- A wonderful letter on page 5 thanking FCAWM for solving a problem.
- Announcement of October 18, 2015 Annual meeting and Program,
"Five (or more) Shades of Green.
Fall 2014 Newsletter Content includes:
- Collaborating across Massachusetts, and beyond
- Books of Interest
- An Educational Forum: Dispelling Myths about Funeral Prepayments
- Need an Oversized Casket?
- How to Mail Cremated Remains
- New report on Dying in America
- Annual Meeting & Program announcement: October 19, 2-4pm Choices in After-Death Care
- Green Burial Massachusetts film screening, A Will for the Woods
- Good news from IRS
Fall 2013 Newsletter Content includes:
- Annual Meeting & Program announcement: October 20, 2-4pm, Cremation Options and Trends, a panel of four speakers.
- Home Funeral Workshops in Leverett (Oct 26) and Warwick (Nov 9)
- Cremation Options in Western Masssachusetts (an update of our handout)
- What is Memrystone?
- Have you heard of Death over Dinner?
Spring 2013 Newsletter Content includes:
- Report of the 2012 Annual Meeting, election results and profile of new trustee.
- Next Annual Meeting: Saturday, Oct. 20, 2013
- Webmaster position opening and other volunteer opportunities
- Education and Outreach activities
- Home Funeral Workshops
- Your Digital Afterlife
- Contributions (new IRS information)
- Planning for 2014
Fall 2012 Newsletter Articles include:
- Annual Meeting Sunday October 21, 2012 Full Information
- features a film clip talk by author Gail Rubin -Laughing in the Face of Death: Funny Films for Funeral Planning
- 2012 Funeral Home Price Survey overview
- The Devil is in the Details, or the Value of Preplanning
- 30 Funerals in 30 Days!
Spring 2012 Newsletter Articles include:
- Who Ya Gonna Call? Don’t Call 911
- Green Burial Update
- Top Five Regrets of the Dying
- Speaker for 2012 Annual Program: Sunday October 21, 2012 with Gail Rubin, author of A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die
Fall 2011 Newsletter Articles include:
- What FCAWM has accomplished in the past year.
- Funeral Planning for the Living workshop information
- Your Digital Afterlife - a book review by Sandy Ward
- Giving Life When Life Ends by Miryam Ehrlich Williamson
- and other articles related to this year's Oct. 23 Annual Meeting program on donating one's whole body, organs, tissues ... even medical devices.