Upcoming and on-going projects
- Providing speakers to outside groups
- Conducting a survey of Funeral Home Prices and publishing the results every two years, e.g., 2010, 2012, 2014. Volunteers are always welcome for this and other activities. Contact us to find out more. See 2012 survey results.
- Working to establish Green Burial options in Massachusetts.
Carol Coan and Judith Lorei lead our Green Burial Committee. This is a joint project with other groups. Check out the Green Burial website at http://www.greenburialma.org/
- Planning an educational PROGRAM with each Annual Meeting
Annual Meetings, open to the public, are usually held in October. We invite speakers or panelists to present information on a relevant theme and respond to questions from the audince. Read more on our Annual Meeting Page
- Publishing a Newsletter
We produce a newsletter twice a year, usually in the spring and in the fall. We mail (or email) it to all our members and to organizations that have expressed interest. Educational articles as well as reports of our activities are included.
See our Newsletter page, with links to recent issues.
- Maintaining this website as a resource for the public
New webmaster Sandy Ward has been busy in 2014 revising the FCAWM website that Ed Brown had created and maintained for 10 years. Suggestions welcome. A website is always a work-in-progress.