Here you will find general information about the Funeral Consumers Alliance of Western Massachusetts and what to expect from this website plus some occasional news items.
See index of About Us page topics in sidebar at right ➙
The Funeral Consumers Alliance of Western Massachusetts is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to helping our neighbors make funeral or memorial arrangements that are dignified, meaningful and affordable.
We achieve this goal through consumer education outreach, including group presentations, funeral home price surveys, our newsletter and other printed materials, and individual consultations.
Planning Ahead - THE NEED FOR ADVANCE PLANNING
Have you considered what immediate decisions must be made by your family when you die?
Have you and your family discussed these decisions and arrived at an understanding?
Do your present plans provide for memorial or funeral arrangements that you and your family would really want?
Did you know . . . ?
• Most individuals never share their funeral or burial wishes with their family members. FCAWM members receive forms and instructions on how to communicate this information, sparing relatives from difficult, expensive decisions.
We can supply a SPEAKER FOR YOUR GROUP
A volunteer from the Funeral Consumers Alliance of Western Massachusetts will discuss:
- How to plan ahead for dignified yet affordable end-of-life services
- How to deal with the funeral industry
- What the consumer should know about the Federal Trade Commission's Funeral Rule and other funeral related laws
Upcoming projects and events
- Newsletter, edited by volunteer Sandy Ward, is published twice a year.
- Working to establish Green Burial options in Massachusetts.
Carol Coan heads our Green Burial Committee.
Check out their own website at…
Two workshops, October 26 and November 9, for community members to learn more about the growing home funeral movement, and the comforting experience that comes from preparing the body of a loved one for a burial or cremation. Leading both workshops will be…
Members receive a printed copy of each newsletter at their home address.
See link below to an online version in pdf file format. Click here if you need to download the free Adobe reader for pdf files.
NEW Fall 2103 Newsletter Note: this large file may take a little time to download and open. …
Board Meeting Schedule
All interested people welcome!
Please bring your ideas and join the volunteers who have stepped forward to help with the mission of this organization.
The next Board Meeting will be in spring 2014 (details not yet set). Please email us if you'd like to attend. …
OUR ANNUAL MEETING and PROGRAM for 2013
Sunday October 20, 2013, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Rockridge Retirement Community
25 Coles Meadow Rd, Northampton, MA
Options and Trends
a panel of speakers
and an opportunity to ask questions
- Tom Robinson, Eternal Blessings Crematory, or co-owner Jim Curley will talk about operating their service and working directly with families.