We offer educational brochures on a variety of topics. The brochures are free; many of these brochures are may be viewed online, or downloaded to your computer for printing. Many are available from the national FCA website, under FAQ Pamphlets (in pdf format) or under Consumers (in webpage format).
All the brochures listed below may be requested from us, and we'll do the printing and mail the results to you.
NOTE - this list is under revision. Most of the links had to be changed (summer 2016) because of changes at the national FCA website. We will be working to improve this page. We may merge this page with our "More Information & Links" page...
- Four-Step Funeral Planning: Where to Start When You Don't Know How to Start
- Common Funeral Myths
- How to Plan a Memorial Service
- Did You Forget The Most Important Part of Funeral Planning
- Consumer's Guide to Cemetery Purchases
- Viewing and Visitation: The Difference
- Funeral Home Price List for Western Massachusetts (FCAWM)
- How to Read a Funeral Home Price List (GPL)
- Como leer la Lista General de Precios de Una Funeraria
- Prepaying for Your Funeral in Massachusetts (pdf, Funeral Ethics Org)
- Should You Prepay For Your Funeral?
- "Simple and Cheap" My Father Said (written by daughter of Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black)
- Ten Tips for Saving Funeral Dollars
- The Cremation Option in Western Massachusetts (FCAWM)
- Cremation Explained: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- What Shall We Do with the Ashes (Cremains)?
- Light, Like the Sun, by Frances Newton (an essay on cremation)
Donating body, organs, tissues
- Giving Life When Life Ends (FCAWM) [reprint from Fall 2011 newsletter]
- Organ and Body Donation
- Recycle Your Medical Devices
Green or natural burial
- How to Help Grieving People: What You Can Say, What You Can Do
- The Funeral Consumer Movement: From One Local Society to a National Voice
- What is a Funeral Consumer Alliance?
- FCAWM membership brochure, "Don't Be Caught Dead Without Us!" (8-panel brochure designed for 8.5" x 14" paper; revised December 2016)
- How to File a Funeral or Cemetery Complaint
- Death Away From Home
- Embalming: What You Should Know